How Artificial Intelligence is Already Changing Government
What government challenges has AI been helping to solve?
Government agencies are facing issues including lacking productivity, resource constraints, extensive timelines, and complex planning. AI is having a profound impact on government as we are entering an era of automated intelligence - the computerization of tasks previously thought to require human judgement. A study by Deloitte has listed five ways AI can help governments reduce costs, free workers for critical tasks, and deliver efficient services.
- Overcoming resource constraints: AI can help sift large sets of data in a fraction of the time compared to humans. E.g. electronic document discovery; space, terrestrial and airborne sensors; just-in-time imagery.
- Dramatically cutting paperwork: AI can reduce administrative tasks including invoice processing, data entry, and reporting to maximize time for mission-focused work.
- Reducing backlogs: AI can sift through data backlogs and perform end-to-end business process on a massive scale.
- Improving prediction: Machine learning and natural-language processing can reveal patterns by mining information to predict future events.
- Answering citizen queries: Chatbots and interactive virtual assistants can handle citizen requests and free staff for complex tasks.
Source: Citi website. Full article can be found here.